Guest food blogger @inthemidstblog (aka Samantha!) created this delicious open-faced pizza on sourdough for us. Enjoy!!
2 slices of Native Bread of choice
2-4 tbsp pizza or marinara sauce (depending on house saucy you like your pizza)
1-2 tbsp of grated cheese of choice (or more, depending on how cheesy you like your pizza!)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Cut sourdough Native Bread into quarter or half inch slices.
3. Place bread slices directly on the oven racks for 5-10 minutes or until they feel dry and crisp. Take out of oven and turn broiler on low.
4. Heat up your choice of tomato sauce on med-low in a sauce pan.
5. Slice or grate cheeses of choice.
6. Once bread is crispy, add sauce first, then toppings, and cheese.
7. Put assembled pizzas on cookie cooking rack (so it gets crispy on all sides) and put on top rack of oven. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Keep an eye on it!
8. Take out of the oven and let cheese settle for a couple minutes.